When you live in a metro city, you can have the urgency anytime to go from point A to point B in a short period for work or any personal issue. There are various public transportation options but they difficult to rely on; it is much easier to own your personal vehicle in metro cities. But before all of this, it is compulsory to have a valid driving license to take out your vehicle on the roads of Delhi. So, with the help of this blog, we will let you know what all is needed to get your driving license renewed easily and quickly.
It is very important to get your driving license renewed before its expiry date. This will not let you get into any trouble as well as it will serve as a proof that you are a certified vehicle driver. If your driving license needs renewal, here are the steps to get it done:
- Search and open the RTO (Regional Transport Office) website.
- Click on the Driving License option.
- Tap and open Renewal Driving License.
- Put in necessary details and apply for the Smart Card Driving License.
- Make a payment of Rs.200 only.
- Gather all the documents, scan them, and submit them for further verification.
- Once all your documents are verified by the authority, your renewed driving license will be issued by the RTO.
What all documents are required while applying for renewal of driving license?
If you want to get your driving license renewed, it is advisable to have proper documentation to make the process move faster. We have mentioned below all the documents that are required to get driving license renewed easily:
- Fill all the details and sign Form no. 9.
- Photocopy or scanned copy of the original driving license that is going to get expired
- If the driver is over 40 – years, s/he needs to medical certificate as well along with Form 1 A.
- 2 passport – sized photographs
- Copies of self – attested age proof and address documents
- Attach the fee receipt of Rs.200 which is paid as application fees
How to apply for Duplicate Driving License?
If you have lost your driving license, you will have to apply for a duplicate driving license. Here are all the steps and documents mentioned below which need to be followed to get a duplicate driving license made or issued from the respective authorities:
Documents required while applying for Duplicate Driving License:
- Form no. 1
- Completely filled and signed application form
- Certificate of Fitness
- Photocopies of the affidavit, F.I.R, and a complaint
- Self – attested copies of address proof
- Payment receipt of Rs.400 as Duplicate License fees
- Delhi Traffic Police Challan clearance report
Important steps to follow while applying for a Duplicate Driving License:
- Fill in all the necessary details in the Duplicate Driving License application form
- Submit all the asked and required documents with the application form
- Once the documents are filed and verified, you will be shortly issued a Duplicate Driving License from the RTO office