If you are planning to move or travel abroad, a passport is that one thing which is mandatory to carry. Anyone can get a passport made at any point in time with needed details and documents. In India, a passport is valid for 10 years, after this period passport needs to be renewed before its expiry date.
Applicants who want to get their passport renewed can get it done online by making the necessary payment and booking an appointment on the official website which is Passport Seva in India.
Here are the steps which are to be followed by a person who wishes to renew their passport in India:
1. Online Registration
- You have to register for the passport renewal on the official website of Passport Seva Website – passportindia.gov.in.
- If you have already registered as a user on the official website before you can easily use the link “Existing User? Login” present on the website
- And if, you are using the online method the first time then click on the “New User? Register Now” link present on the website
- We will recommend you to select the closest and the most accessible passport officenear you
- To get yourself registered on the website, you will have to fill in all the details required in a correct and orderly manner
- Create a login ID and password ( passport should not be very complicated rather it should be easy to remember)
- You will get a confirmation mail from the passport office on your registered mail ID
- You can easily activate your account by clicking on the link shared by the passport office on the mail ID
- Once you Login into your passport account, find and click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport”
2. Filling up and inserting all the details in the Application Form
- Download the form on the official website in the PDF format and fill it offline
- Or you have the option to fill the application form online s well
- Fill in all your current details such as a current address, current occupation, etc.
- You can easily update details related to your spouse or any such information
- You are required to give two local references along with their contact details, full name, and current address. This is done to make the police verification process easy and valid for future reference. If you are filling your form online, click on the submit button to complete the application process.
- If you are filling your application form in the PDF format then make sure that you fill in the correct city or area, and click on validate and save the filled form. After this, you will have to upload all the documents on the official website from where you got the application form. This process will update all your necessary details in your online application form.
3. Booking a slot
- To book your appointment at the nearest passport office, click on the “Schedule Appointment” option present on the official website
- You can select any one slot from the available slots on the official passport website, which you find comfortable
- Once you confirm your choice of the slot, your appointment at the passport office will be scheduled
- Note – It is mandatory to carry all the required and necessary documents as mentioned on the official website to the passport office. Carry original as well as photocopy the form of your documents.
- We hope this list will help you to get your passport renewed/ re-issued quickly and easily without any problems. If you any doubts or questions about the above-mentioned process to clarify you can mail us at email@example.com