It is very important to take care of the current situation on individual level as well as manage the risks of coronavirus in the workplace. Taking care of the workplace asks for multiple strategies and plans which can be designed by the higher authorities in the form of various combinations. All the strategies and plans should be effective and efficient in nature. For every business organization their owners, employees, customers, and clients are very precious and they all play a very important role while taking measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Businesses and essential workplaces that are allowed to work during the COVID-19 pandemic are instructed to implement and follow a wide range of recommended public health measures and environmental controls to minimize spread of disease.
Enlisting some of the important measures health and hygiene at workplace that should be followed while working in the office during this COVID-19 pandemic:
- Encourage thorough and frequent hand-washing and hand sanitizing by your clients, employees, and contractors. Instruct everyone in the office to follow the rules and regulations strictly. Educate them about the side-effects of touching face regularly as well as not hand sanitizing and washing hands while coming inside to the workplace.
- If the workplace continues to stay open during the COVID – 19 pandemic, it is advised that the company should design some signs or coronavirus guidelines which should convey the message that no one, not clients, nor employees, nor employers should come in the workplace, if they are not feeling well, are in quarantine or isolating. All the employees should be strictly instructed to stay at their places if they are feeling unwell. If any of them feels the symptoms while working, they should self-isolate themselves as well as inform senior authorities about the same.
- Physical distancing is considered to be the most effective and efficient way to prevent the spread of Coronavirus infection at the workplace. Apply physical distancing (at least 2 metres distance from other people). It is very effective as well as an essential way applied in reducing infectious disease spread and transmission. This should be maintained consistently inside the workplace. It is the best workplace rule for happy life and safe life. Physical barriers can also be used such as high walled cubicle or Plexiglas window partitions, and markings on the floor, this will help to ensure that 2metres distance is being maintained by the employees.
- Maintaining 2 metres distance in the workplace consistently is not possible sometimes from co-workers, employers, employees, customers, and clients side, so therefore it is advised to use non-medical mask or some face covering material (that is made to completely cover the mouth and nose without any gap, and held to the ear loops or head by ties). These masks prevent healthy people from infected person’s respiratory droplets or infected common objects or surfaces in the workplace. Usage of face covering or non-medical masks should be made mandatory during COVID-19 pandemic by the senior authorities as well as employees should be instructed about the proper use and care of it.
- It is better to promote and boost the idea of good respiratory hygiene during this ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Make sure that surgical masks and paper tissues are available at your workplace or on every work station for those employees who cough t work or develop a runny nose. Used masks and tissues should be hygienically disposed of immediately after the use.
- It is important to improve environmental protocols and procedures at workplace and provide special attention to highly-touched surfaces and commonly used objects. Sanitizing hand rub sanitizers can be placed at such places.
- It is very important to keep a note of employees that which employee is travelling from which vehicle and decide how they should be treated in the workplace and also special attention should be given to their sanitization while entering workplace.